Join Our Team!
Current Opening: AmeriCorps Position
College & Career (Postsecondary) AmeriCorps Member
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, support, and assist volunteers who will serve as tutors, mentors…etc. to Dreamers
- Support Dreamers and families through in-person and virtual trainings and events
- Providing individualized academic and social emotional support to Dreamers including support around time management and study skills, financial literacy, internship and job opportunities, service-learning opportunities, housing stability options, connect to resources on their college campus, mental and physical health referral, and regular check-ins and advocacy
- Promote scholarships to eligible students. Support with understanding of eligibility criteria, applications, and advocate for students
- Assist in collecting student persistence data as it relates to grants, donor reports, and internal reporting
- In collaboration with the Program Manager and partnering organization, support planning and facilitation of College and Career programs and events
- Connect with college offices to strengthen partnerships and collaborate with experts and partners from the local community to organize events for FAFSA support, COVID-19 relief support, scholarships, internship and job opportunities, and other supportive offerings to Dreamers and their families
- Support in outreach to Dreamer’s families and connect Dreamer’s families to community resources including, employment, food, housing, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- To be eligible to serve as an AmeriCorps Member, one must be at least 17 years of age; be a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien; and have a high school diploma or GED.
- NDMVA and I Have a Dream Foundation -Milwaukee prefers that members be at least 21 years of age.
- Selection Criteria: We are seeking self-motivated, compassionate applicants who enjoy working with young people and diverse individuals, including Dreamers, their families, “I Have A Dream” staff and sponsors, college administrators, and members of the community. A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in education or human services is preferred. A clear driving record and a vehicle are required.
“I Have A Dream” is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will conduct the review and interview process until all positions are filled. AmeriCorps applications, resumes and references will be considered as they are received. If you are interested in applying, please submit an online application – instructions are available at www.ndmva.org. https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=99689
Make a Donation
Your contribution will help us grow our impact and ensure that even more of the students we serve have what they need to achieve their educational and professional goals.
Our volunteers provide invaluable support. Are you interested in:
- Providing administrative services
- Your specialty here
Please share your talents with us! Reach out to us directly to volunteer your time to support the Dreamers and to lend your expertise at the “I Have A Dream” Foundation – Milwaukee.
Start a New Affiliate or Program
Interested in bringing the “I Have A Dream” Foundation to your community? “I Have A Dream” works because caring individuals and organizations are willing to share their experience, time, and resources to help young people achieve their dreams. For more information on bringing “I Have A Dream” Foundation to a community or neighborhood that you care deeply about, please visit our “Start a Program” page or contact our Manager of Affiliate Expansion, Shawn Sadjatumwadee, at email@example.com.